Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Yay Payton!

Okay, so I've bragged all over Facebook about how proud I am of my husband.  I think that he is truly an amazing designer and has done some really amazing stuff.  His work was honored at the 2011 Austin Addy's alongside some huge agencies here in Austin (GSD&M, McGarrah Jesse, MilkShake Media).   He won a silver Addy for a logo and branding he developed for a bar here in Austin (there wasn't a gold in his category, so we're/I'm saying he pretty much took the highest honors in his category).

Payton's pretty humble, and he won't boast about his accomplishments, but I'll just say it's a pretty big stinkin' deal.  His work was honored alongside some national ad campaigns for the US Air Force and BMW commercials.  Here is a link to the Winners Book, he's on page 23, under Nox Creative.

We decided to celebrate him all weekend and booked a room at the W Hotel (the Addy's were held at the new ACL studios connected to the W) for the night of the awards.  We attended with some friends while Payton's mom, Emily/Meme, stayed home with Eli.  It was a great night out with some good friends, honoring Payton.  I wouldn't have changed anything (aside from maybe my shoes, they were so uncomfortable).

Here are some pictures:








Payton's logo is on the top right.  And if you're ever 
in Austin, our should definitely stop by Kung Fu Saloon.
It's a cool concept and a great atmosphere...and they have Miss Pacman! 


Payton and I at the Addy's


Posing with the Addy.  That sucker was small, but weighed a ton!

No comments:

Post a Comment