Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Balentine's Day!

We celebrated Eli's first Valentine's Day on Monday.  I know I was more excited than he was - who doesn't love celebrating love?  I think what I mean is who doesn't love an excuse to decorate, shop for candy, and give people gifts?  I got all of the kids at Melissa's house a little gift and bought some Toy Story Valentine's for Eli to give our friends and family.  I LOVED Valentine's Day when I was younger, decorating my box, putting together my Valentine's to give out to everyone, signing my name on all of them, and of course eating all of the candy.  Here are some pictures from Bug's first Valentine's day:


Sitting with all of his gifts for the ladies before heading to Melissa's
(guess who dressed him).


Sock Monkey!


Eating the card...


Look at that smile!



Pictures from my Valentine's growing up are always in bed.  I guess because it was 
first thing in the morning before we all went to work and school.  We did ours with 
Eli when he woke up from an end of the day nap.  Here we are on the bed, he's checking 
out his balloons...and no, I didn't forget my pants, I'm wearing a dress.


A book, a teddy bear, and a pop-up sock monkey, oh my!


And of course, the book goes right to his mouth!


I thought he would be scared of the pop-up monkey, but 
he could have cared less, he wanted to eat him instead.

And as a note, our first Valentine's day with a baby wasn't a bust, we met for lunch, Payton surprised me with a bottle of my favorite champagne when he got home, we ate dinner on the couch, shared a dessert, and we've got tickets to the Gipsy Kings at the ACL studios next week to celebrate Valentine's day again.


No comments:

Post a Comment