Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Bug

Oh MY GOSH!  That's all I've got for the past week of sickness that has gone around our house...OH MY GOSH!  What started out as a belly ache for Payton on Saturday afternoon turned into him getting really sick in the parking garage of the Domain while we were there for the tree lighting show.  4 hours later he was still throwing up and couldn't stop so I decided to take him to the urgent care center. 

Thank goodness my parents were there to help with Eli, but while I was getting Bug ready for bed, my mom came in and she had just thrown up.  I'll spare you all of the details of the night and the following few days, but what a nightmare.  My parents left when we got home from the urgent care facility so that my mom could rest. 

I was so tired the next day from taking care of Eli and Payton all night, so I called Payton's mom, Emily, to help with Eli while I rested.  I woke up that Sunday afternoon and was sick as a dog!  Emily took great care of Eli while Payton and I both rested on Monday.  At around 1am on Monday night, Emily came in and said that she was sick.  Seriously?  This must be some cruel joke!  Headache, chills, nausea, and stomache cramps.  Same symptoms we had. 

I drove Emily home on Tuesday morning and headed to work for a few hours and took Eli with me.  We headed to Houston on Wednesday to spend Thanksgiving with Payton's family.  By Friday, 6 more people that we had shared Thanksgiving with had the bug.  All in all, I think we counted about 12 people who were infected, but Eli came out a winner, healthy as can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment