Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

We LOVE Melissa!

Eli has continued to flourish at Melissa's house...

Melissa sends home a "report card" every day with his eating, nap, and diaper schedule and always includes a sweet note.  One day it read "Eli loves watching the big kids", another day "Eli rolled over during tummy time", and this past week this made me smile so big "Eli recognizes me now when I walk up to him and he smiles so big". 

I have never for one second been worried about missing out on big "firsts" like him rolling over.  We still haven't seen him do it, but the fact that he can do it just shows that Melissa is really working with him during the day to keep him on track physically and developmentally.  And the fact that he now recognizes her as his caretaker is awesome!  I want him to love her and feel safe with her and I am so glad that he is getting used to her. 

They celebrated Halloween the Friday before Halloween weekend.  She asked the kids to come dressed up in their costumes so we put Eli in his costume that morning.  We were greeted at the door by a mermaid, a cow, and another Charlie Brown.  All of the kids were chirping "Trick or Treat".  I took them some Halloween stickers and cupcakes to snack on.  When we picked him up, she had put together a little Halloween goody bag for us with cookies and this:

From Miss Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment