Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

4 Months!

Eli turned 4 months old on November 24, the day before Thanksgiving. 


Eli at 3 1/2 months


We had his 4 month appointment that same day and it went really well.  Big boy is weighing in at 20lbs 7 ounces (95%), measuring 26" long (75%), and wearing 12 - 18 month clothing.  He was so good at his appointment and took his shots like a champ, he didn't even notice!  I was expecting the worst, but was pleasantly surprised when the nurse said she was all finished with the shots and he had barely flinched.

The doctor had some great suggestions for getting started with rice cereal over the next few weeks.  Once Eli is good with the idea of a spoon and putting something in his belly other than milk, we'll move on to vegetables.  I can't believe it is already time for solids!  I know that there are differing opinions on when to start solids, but we really trust our pediatrician, so we're going with his plan for starting solids between 4 and 6 months.

Eli is such a sweet boy and has become so alert over the past few weeks.  He watches Payton and I and our every move as we move around a room or make silly faces at him (sometimes I fear that he is going to grow up thinking that we're idiots because we get so silly with him).  He hardly ever cries, unless he is tired, and that is usually just one little wail, then he's out like a light! 

He rolled over onto his belly on Thanksgiving day at Aunt Lesley's house.  He loves doing it and thinks it's funny, he usually starts "talking" once he is on his belly. 


Bug rolled over in his crib



There he goes...



Yay bug!

He LOVES his chew toy Sophie.  I think that he might be teething, he has been drooling like a fool lately and everything that he can get his little hands on goes directly into his mouth (blankets, burp rags, fingers, hair).  Because he doesn't cry often, when he does cry, there must be something wrong, and I'm assuming it is pain from teething, because a little pain reliever usually helps.

He LOVES to smile.  You can get a smile out of him these days by just giving him a smile.  In the mornings, 9 times out of 10 he wakes up in a great mood.  I hear him moving around on the monitor and walk in to see him.  As I peek over the crib, he is usually looking right up at me and starts smiling.  We sing songs in the morning and I dance around as I put on my makeup or fix my hair and he just smiles and giggles at me.

He is enjoying his swing, exersaucer, and playmat.  He's gotten so good at entertaining himself, and at night if he doesn't fall asleep during his last bottle, he puts himself to sleep.

He is eating every 4 hours, and sometimes I give him a bottle without him asking for it just to keep him on schedule - and the boy obviously never turns down a bottle! 

Before we all got sick a few days ago, he had slept straight through from 7:30pm to 4:00am 5 nights in a row.  His schedule got a little messed up with the excitement of everyone being sick, but he has done great the last few nights.

We are so in love with our little boy, I look forward to seeing him and loving all over him every day when I'm headed home from work, and I know that Payton feels the same!  Looking forward to more milestones over the next few weeks.


Happy happy baby!


Working on sitting up on our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment