Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Holidays!

I'm actually pretty proud of myself (as I pat myself on the back) for being so on top of our Christmas cards this year.  Last year I was totally down to the wire and didn't love the cards half as much as I do this year.

I ordered the cards from Tiny Prints.  I narrowed their huge selection down to about 15, then 5, then my favorite.  I was totally impressed with how easy it was to find my template, load my pictures, size them, customize our names, and finish the order.  It took less than 5 minutes to get it all done, start to finish, once I found the design.  One week later (with standard shipping), and ahead of schedule, they were on my doorstep.

We had our pictures taken by a long-time friend of mine who I haven't seen since college.  She met us on a cold and windy day in McKinney over the Thanksgiving holiday, bless her heart.  I loved all of the pictures she took and wanted to include as many on the card as possible without being totally obnoxious. 

Here is the final product:






I was inspired by some hand written addresses on Pinterest
and decided to buy a calligraphy pen and try my hand at
something a little different.  It took a while to get the hang
of it (and even longer to address them ALL), but I really
like how it came together in the end.


And just a quick snapshot of how freaking cold it is here in Austin, a picture Payton sent me of our water hose this morning, ugh!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the way you addressed those! I'm going to put that on my list of things to try... next year! :)

    ReplyDelete