Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Busted...

So I have a son, duh, and I'm definitely starting to see that "boy" really come out in him.  I'm sure that little girls get into mischevious situations, but I'm just amazed at how often I'm catching Eli doing things, very daring things, that he knows he shouldn't be doing.  Over the past month, I've had my phone on hand to capture a few of these moments. 

Picture 1:  The day after his birthday party, I was cooking dinner and happened to peek around the corner to find that he had crawled on top of the party tent and was trying to get his new Mader bubble toy.  This is how I found him...


Picture 2:  I was in the kitchen cooking dinner while Eli ate and I turned around to find this...foot up on the table, just eating away.  He has continued this habit, most recently at Eddie V's during dinner with some family.  I'm blaming this on Payton - don't worry, Payton doesn't eat with his feet up on the table, but these sort of manners definitely aren't from his momma!


Picture 3:  I wish I could say I just turned around and saw this, but I'll sheepishly admit that Payton and I both watched him crawl up on the ottoman to reach the remote control. 



He LOVES the remote control (and will obviously not let any piece of furniture get in his way), and not the old one that doesn't go to anything that we have designated as "Eli's remote", but the one that manages to complete ruin the TV settings if he gets a hold of it with the batteries still in (which I take out on a daily basis). This is also the remote that sounds like a marraca because he dropped it in the dogs water bowl and I put it in a bag of rice (like you do with your phone if you get it wet, right). Just a note if you ever have to "dry out" your remote, put the battery cover back on before you put it in the rice or it will always be full of rice and create a fine musical instrument for your child.

I am sure that we will have many more of these busted pictures in the future with raising this little boy.  These pictures absolutely proves the saying that "you can't take your eyes off of them for a second!".

No comments:

Post a Comment