Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Love this kid!

Eli has his very first ear infection, but you wouldn't know it by looking at him! 





He has had a runny nose on and off for the past couple of months but I just thought it was a little cold, typical of the weather, and also from his major teething (4 teeth in two months).  He developed a little cough yesterday morning.  It wasn't his typical "hey, look at me" cough that he does for attention sometimes (imagine that, my child trying to get attention).  This time you could tell he had some drainage in his throat. 

I took him into the doctor yesterday afternoon, and he patiently waited, and ate puffs, and played with the paper on the table, and tried to break mommy's necklace, and ate puffs, and climbed all over mommy, and shook his head "no" when mommy tried to wipe his nose, until the doctor finally came in.  Just a few more minutes and he would have destroyed that room!  She looked in his ear and immediately knew it was infected.  Poor Bug, aside from the runny nose and recent cough, I never would have known he was sick, he's taken it like a champ, never once even tugged on his ear in pain.  He's on amoxicillin for 10 days, then we'll go for another check up.  He also got his 2nd flu shot, which he didn't seem to notice.

He weighed in at 23lbs and 14oz.  Phew!

Payton has his first ear infection too, and I'll admit (I LOVE YOU HONEY), Eli is the better patient!

Headed to Fredericksburg this weekend to visit family.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Aww poor bug! Glad it seems to be a relatively painless ear infection, but I still hope it clears up right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby! I hope he is better by now! I miss him so much...and you guys too!
    Tell him Aunt Lesley loves him very much!

    I love how he is just hanging out in that chair!

    ReplyDelete